Wednesday, March 11, 2015

NO EFFORT IS EVER WASTED!

NO EFFORT IS EVER WASTED! You literally never know the difference you will make. I'll be honest; I was a bit apprehensive to be coming back to Parker. But the Lord is perfect...and He's shown me MULTIPLE times this week why I need to be back here. Never doubt the Lord, cuz He sure knows what He is doing! 

So this past weekend, there was a Parker Stake Relief Society meeting. I was excited to go because I knew a lot of the ladies from my first area would be there! And sure enough they were. It was such a blast to see them and all catch up with them. They truly are so dear to my heart. I am so blessed to be able to see them again!

But then...get this, so a year ago when I was in Parker, there was a lady whose son got baptized. She lived in our ward boundaries so we would stop by and teach her quite often. We had powerful lessons and she agreed with so much but she consistently told us she was just happy with her own church. I knew one day she would be baptized, but it would be in her own timing. And that timing didn't happen while I was there. But at this relief society meeting, I was walking out of the bathroom and there she was! I ran and gave her a big hug and she just started to cry. She finally said, "I thought I would never see you again!" It was tender. Then she paid me some very nice compliments which I definitely did not deserve but it made me realize that I did make a difference....all these months I thought I tried and tried and didn't even make a difference. She then excitedly told me that she is getting baptized next week!!!! AH! I can't even put into words how amazing this was to see her, and to hear her thank me, and tell me how I helped her on her journey to joining the church. The spirit was deeply touching my heart as I talked with her. I don't tell this story to boast, but I want you all to know (especially my fellow missionaries out there) that you NEVER know the difference you are making. I feel truly blessed and so lucky that the Lord allowed me to come back to Parker to see that I did make a difference. Just think, I could have easily never come back to Parker and I never would have known that she was even getting baptized. But the Lord is perfect and blessed me with the opportunity to see her again and see that no effort is ever wasted. 

Being a missionary is indescribable. These moments are what make every day worth it. I wouldn't trade this for the world! This week has been full of little miracles everyday. The Lord is blessing me. I've noticed such an increase of the spirit and strength beyond my own. I don't even know how I do the things I do.... only to give the credit to the Lord! Because, through Him, all things are possible. 

I was also able to go on exchanges with Sis Elama this week! MY BABY GIRL! It was soooo fun to be with her again for a day. We laughed and worked and had the time of our lives just like the good ole days. She's so cute. We had so much fun together. 

I am literally in love with my mission. I can't believe how fast time is going by! But everyday I wake up and thank the Lord I can be here to serve Him.

I love you all and hope you're doing well. 

xoxox

Sister Hoer


Sis Fuchs, Elder Low with me and my new coat!

Our district sledding on p-day!

Seeing Sis. Stock again!

After an 8 hour meeting...


Some of my Sister missionaries! Sista missionaries are the BEST!
Wonderful to see Sis. Elama again after a stake Relief Society meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment