Thursday, January 29, 2015

My new area is Fountain, Colorado!

Fountain, Colorado! I've come to my new area and I'm loving it so far. We are about 10 minutes from Fort Carson so we have a lot of young military families in the ward. But that is actually a party and a half. Some of these families are literally just a few years older than me! It's like having friends again, haha! Fountain is definitely suburbia though. Sometimes I miss those rural roads of Canon, but I KNOW the Lord has put me here for a reason. I do not doubt that one bit. The spirit has told me time and time again that this is where I need to be...I couldn't tell you exactly why just yet. But I'm confident that the Lord has a plan.

So the work here is different, but it's hoppin. We are actually teaching 2 deaf people right now! It's interesting...I've actually picked up a bit of sign language. But we have interpreters come to all our lessons. It's amazing how humble these people are. Communicating is definitely different but even with the sign language the spirit is so strong. So M&A are our deaf investigators. They were living together but recently separated so now we can really move forward with baptism! We had a lesson with M a few days ago and he committed to be baptized the beginning of February! So if all goes as planned he will be baptized in just a few weeks. A also wants to be baptized but she wants to go through the lessons once more and speak with bishop before she sets a date. I wish you all could meet them because they are spectacular people. I can feel their sweet spirits and their love every time we see them.

There is also a lot of work with part member families here! That's the majority of our investigators. I'm still getting acquainted with the area and the people we're teaching, but I'm excited. Good things are happening! 

And the cherry on top is that my companion is SO COOL. She just finished training so she's still pretty new to the mission but I think we were long lost best friends. It's only been a week and we get along as if we've been friends forever! Once again, the Lord does have a plan and our mission president is so inspired. She's a hard worker so I know we will see some great things happen this transfer!

Change can be hard, but it's also the time for us to grow. I have felt so much strength through prayer and through the atonement as I go through this change… and that strength is available to any single one of us. The atonement is real.

I love you all!

Xoxo
Sister Hoer

Last Pictures with Sis. Elama

New companion and New area

The all American city of Fountain, Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment