Sunday, February 1, 2015

Don't forget to LAUGH! ~"Come what may, and LOVE it!"

This week was a good one! The main message I have to share from this week is that life is meant to be enjoyed. Laugh! Because life is so much more fun when you can learn to laugh. One of my favorite talks is "come what may, and love it" by Joseph B. Wirthlin...one of the pieces of advice he gave is that when life throws something at you that makes you want to scowl, just laugh. And boy does that make a world of a difference! This week, my companion and I shared so many good laughs with so many good people. At one point, I was brought to tears in laughter at dinner. And looking back, I have only smiles for this week. Lots of things did go wrong and it wasn't the most ideal week, but we laughed our way through it. So enjoy the little things. Laugh just because, and never forget to stop and smell the roses. 

We have been teaching M, our deaf investigator, and let me tell ya...that is the experience of a lifetime. It is so amazing how strong the spirit is when we teach him regardless of our language barrier. We have interpreters that come to all our lessons or else there's no way we could teach him. But I've actually picked up quite a bit of sign language! Anyways, M is so humble. Since I can't talk to him directly, I really have to pay attention to the spirit and try and pick up on his spirit and the "vibes" that we get from him. I don't think I've ever met a more humble man. He wants nothing more than to be closer to his savior. He is so excited and so ready to be baptized. His children were actually baptized recently and he has seen the change and the spirit in them. What a great example they were to him. We had a lesson yesterday with M and we planned out his baptism. It was so cute how excited he was! I think it's going to be a really neat baptismal service. I just can't even put into words the spirit that we feel. Our RS president joined us for the lesson yesterday and she was brought to tears at the spirit that was there and how powerful it was. When I got to this area, he had only been taught one lesson. But when I went to continue teaching, I felt such a great spirit and it just felt right to set a date for baptism. And the Lord sure does provide! Things are falling into place perfectly.

The work is really picking up in this area! And the members are on the ball. They help us SO much with our teaching and finding people to teach. There is a good number of part member families in the ward that we are working with and the home teachers are so excited to be involved. Member missionary work is the best way to go.

I hope you all have a great week and don't forget to LAUGH! 

Love you all,
xoxo

Sister Hoer

We got DUMPED with snow. We couldn't drive so we took our shovels and hit the streets!
Sorry~Can not figure out how to flip this one!
"Look at all those clean sidewalks behind Sis. Hoer!"  ~One Proud Mom

Making first tracks in this snow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment