Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Yeehaw! I have turned into a cowgirl down here in Canon City.

Yeehaw! I have turned into a cowgirl down here in Canon. This week we went to visit a man in the ward and he took us out and taught us how to rope. It was so much fun! I could definitely rope some cattle now. Ha ha ha, if we ever have to catch and kill our food...I'm your gal! 

This week was nothing out of the ordinary. Just teaching, testifying, and helping others come closer to Christ. I did find out that I would be getting transferred tomorrow! Transfers are always exciting but a bit sad at the same time. I've really grown to love these people here...they've become like family to me! And to leave them is definitely sad. But they are my eternal friends. We will all have a party in heaven! And the cool thing is that Heavenly Father knows what He's doing. He knows where I need to be and who I need to be with. My dear companion, Sis Elama...we've had so many good times together. I don't wanna leave her! But I truly feel blessed to have served with her and have learned so much from her. 

Transfers always get me thinking about how awesome it is to serve a mission. It truly is a privilege. In Relief Society yesterday, the teacher asked us what we've sacrificed to come on a mission. At the beginning of my mission, I would have rattled off a long list. But when she asked me yesterday, I thought about it and how it isn't much of a sacrifice in my eyes anymore. It is a privilege...a blessing.... the opportunity of a lifetime. The things I've learned, the experiences I've had, and the person I've become far outweigh any "sacrifice" that I might have made to come here. Everyone. Go on a mission. Hahaha but really. It is the best decision I've ever made. The church is true and we get to go share that good news with everyone we can!

I love you all and hope you've had a wonderful week.

xoxox

Sister Hoer


We are leaning how to rope.

This is the cowboy that taught us how to rope.

One of my investigators. 

A family we spent time with.

Sis. Elama and I. 

SAMOA! It started to snow right after we took this pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment