Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Patience truly is a virtue. And patience is key when it comes to answers from our Heavenly Father. I read this morning in 1 Nephi chapter 10 that "the course of the Lord is one eternal round." so there is no time in the Lord's eyes. Only His wisdom to know when is the right timing here on earth for His miracles to come forth. This past week I have really been reflecting on the miracles that surround us. Mormon chapter 9 is one of my favorites which tells all about how God does not cease to be God...He is still a God of miracles today. And that has been so evident to me on my mission! When my companion and I were first put together 3 months ago, we fasted that we could find a new investigator who would be prepared and who would progress towards baptism. For the first 6 weeks we were together....nothing. A lot of potential, but no real progress. Then the second transfer, the miracles came. We truly followed the spirit and started teaching S, our investigator. And the spirit has been working and teaching her for the past month or so. She has really changed and I can see the light growing within her. She has grown so much in her faith and deepened her desire to follow Jesus Christ. Even though we prayed and fasted for this 3 months ago, I know this is an answer to our prayers. We also know that miracles are a result of our faith. I told my companion before we fasted that we had to put ALL our faith and trust in the Lord and then do our part to work hard if we really wanted to see the blessings of our fast. In the end, it just goes to show that God loves every single one of us. And he WILL bless us.

Yesterday at church, we had another miracle. 2 people showed up at church that we did not recognize. A soon-to-be-missionary was giving her farewell talk, so there were a lot of visitors. But these 2 had no relation to the sister who was departing. They talked to the bishop after sacrament meeting, and the bishop introduced them to us. We'll call them D & A. The first thing that A said to us was "So how do I become a member of your church?" That is pretty much every missionary's dream come true! They explained how they've been going around to all the churches and D said he's heard that the Mormon religion is the closest to the most correct religion. We were stoked. So we set up an appointment to go teach them this week. The Lord knows best. He truly does put people in our path who are prepared. Sometimes it comes unexpectedly, but the miracles do come. I am excited to see how things go with our new friends!

Colorado is still beautiful. I love waking up every morning and looking at the big mountains right outside my window! Life couldn't be better.

Love you all!
xoxo

Sister Hoer

Last P-day our district went hiking! It looks all sunny and warm but it was freezing!

I took up the banjo.

We have a new band, the "Mormon & Sons".  We plan on replacing the "Mumford & Sons"!

We were out tracking and found this red tractor.

We know how to teach...with hot cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment