Thursday, November 13, 2014

Work hard. Play hard.

Work hard. Play hard. I read a talk by Jeffery R. Holland recently and that's pretty much what he said. He was speaking to missionaries and said "When you work, WORK. When you play, PLAY" But the same can be taken for life! Give every day your best shot…whatever you're doing, do you best! I've realized lately that my mission has taught me a work ethic that will last the rest of my life. The mission field is probably one of the only places where you can work day and night and give everything your best shot and not know what results you will get. Sometimes your results are not what you desired. But in the end, you can look back and say "I gave it my all. I did everything I could." Not knowing what's gonna happen in the end but still working nonetheless has taught me a lot. It's taught me to work hard because I know that's what I need to do....not because I want to baptize someone or because I want to impress my mission president. 

This week was a good one. We were so busy! I love being busy. Sometimes, it's overwhelming, but at the end of the day I feel good knowing I did something with my life today. Yesterday, church was awesome. Our investigator, S, came to church! She also brought her nieces along. But we've been teaching S for a couple weeks now. She is so solid. When we finished the restoration, we were about to wrap up and go to our dinner appointment but the spirit was like "NO sister Hoer, you're not done! Set a date for her baptism!" So, without second guessing, we set a date for S to be baptized at the end of this month. And she is super excited about it! In fact, she asked if we could teach her 3 times a week so she will be ready. We also took her to a baptism yesterday so she could see what it's like and feel the special spirit there. It was marvelous. I love how strong the spirit is when we teach her. More often than not, we walk out of a lesson with her and I think..wow...that wasn't me teaching! The spirit is doing it's job here and I'm just the mouth to audibly say His words. So yes, great things are happening and we are working hard! 

There was also a breath-taking sunset this week. The beauty of the Earth is so stunning! Every time I see something beautiful like that, it just makes me realize that THERE IS UNDOUBTEDLY A GOD. and He LOVES every single one of us so much. He knows I love sunsets, so He blesses me with a beautiful one on a day that I need it. The sad thing is that my little camera can't even capture the real beauty of the sunset. But it was wonderful. 

I love you all! Go spread the good word. 

xoxo
Sister Hoer



We got hot cocoa at our favorite little shop :)

Boom! Sunset!

I got to see Sis. Koval again!

Brrrr, Cooold nights are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment