Thursday, December 11, 2014

By the time I get home, I'm gonna be a little farm girl, haha!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We sure had a great thanksgiving here in Canon. Thanksgiving never ended! We had multiple thanksgiving dinners...and we're still eating leftovers! But it was great. Even though I was away from family, I got to spend it with the people here in Colorado who have truly won my heart.

We've got a lot to be thankful for. And the Christmas season is quickly approaching! We are all super excited about the "He is the Gift" initiative that the church has put out. As missionaries, we are challenged to hand out at least 10 of those pass along cards each day. It's been so cool as we put forth our best efforts to work even harder and talk with everyone about Christ. The hearts are truly softened this time of year. People love talking about Christ and especially when Christmas is among us! There is much joy and the Christmas spirit is all around Canon! This little town is VERY religious. The other day, someone told us there are 52 churches here! I couldn't believe it. There's hardly 52 people! Hahah just kidding, it's not that small. But it's quite religious. I'm excited to see how things go with the "He Is the Gift" initiative.

Our investigator, S, is doing great! She is progressing towards baptism and starting to get really excited about it. We've pushed her baptism back because she wanted more time...she really grasped how important this is and she told us she wants to make sure this is the best day of her life. It's exciting to see the change in her and to see how she really understands and is looking forward to her baptism. Our other investigators, D and A, also want to be baptized! Their goal right now is the beginning of January, so we'll see how things go! They've got a lot of learning yet to do, but the spirit works in miraculous ways. It's really cool to step back and see what the spirit has done. Because it's all the spirit...my companion and I don't do a whole lot besides open our mouths and let the spirit speak through us. 

We did a lot of service this week! That was a blast. I'm starting to love animals a little more. So many people here have farms so we help out with that kind of stuff. And in return they usually give us fresh eggs! It's awesome. By the time I get home, I'm gonna be a little farm girl haha! I tried my hardest to smile for the pictures, but they caught my fear through the camera. It's kind of hilarious.

Well I hope you're all remembering the real meaning of Christmas. Because Christ truly is the gift. The best gift the world has ever received. Love you all! Merry Christmas.

xoxo

Sister Hoer

This is Sis. Elama's first time to meet Santa.  There is no Santa in Samoa!

Doing service this week. Getting to know the animals. Not so sure about this chicken.

Ok, got it down. I forced this smile!

Now it's the goats turn!

They just threw this goat on my shoulder. Scariest moment of my life!

Whooweee! I DID it!

Found this chair. Decide to take a little break.

No comments:

Post a Comment