Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Heavenly Father literally has us in the Hallow of His hands!

Heavenly Father literally has us in the Hallow of His hands. Things won't go perfectly, but He's always watching out for us! This week, my companion had a pretty bad crash on her bike. Our car was getting some work done in the shop so we were on bikes for a few days. There's a giant hill to get to the main road form where we live, so we started the trek down the hill. Sis. Elama hasn't ridden a bike for a while and we should have practiced before hopping on! But we got going down the hill and she went too fast, lost control, and flew off her bike! It was so scary to look back and see my dear sweet companion lying in the middle of the road not moving! My heart dropped! She wasn't very responsive, so I got on the phone to call an ambulance. Before I knew it, I looked up and so many sweet people had pulled over and come to help us. They were all angels sent by Heavenly Father to make sure we were okay. One lady in particular was such a blessing. She was a vet and had some medical background. She asked if we had any family we could call. I explained that Sis Elama is from Samoa and we are missionaries so we don't have any family here. She got a little teary eyed and said “Well, I am your family now. I will take care of you while you're in Canon City!" That was such a comfort for me. This lady stayed with me until the ambulance came to take us to the hospital. She gave me a big hug before we left and her business card so she could be our family. I was seriously so touched at how caring these people were! Complete strangers taking the time out of their day to make sure this poor girl was going to be okay. 

We spent the day in the emergency room and thank goodness nothing too major was wrong. I had called the elders and they came to give Sis Elama a blessing. I really believe that the blessing worked miracles because she was in pretty bad shape when I first got to her. And she walked outta the ER with road rash and a dislocated thumb. That's it! She didn't have any signs of a concussion but she did bonk her head pretty hard. We had to take it easy for a few days since she wasn't feeling the greatest. But all this was such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father watches out for us. He will make sure we are okay.

I've been studying in Alma about the stripling warriors and it hit me that of all these 2000 stripling warriors, not a single one of them died. I imagine the wars in the Book of Mormon to be very gruesome, so the fact that they all survived is amazing! But, in Alma 57:25, it does mention that ALL of them were wounded. I realized that because of their strict obedience, faith, and trust in God...they were protected. They did not die. But they were wounded. Just as it can be for all of us in life. We are not promised a walk in the park. Life is going to be hard and we will be "wounded" many times with the trials we go through. But if we are obedient, faithful, and trust in God just as the stripling warriors did, we will NOT die. We will not be overcome by the devil or pushed too deep into sin. God promises to bless us when we obey, and God always keeps His promises. 

Sis. Elama was definitely wounded. But in a blessing given by the elders, we were all promised she would be okay. And this experience has brought us much closer as companions. I hate that she had to get so scraped up and that she has been in so much pain, but Heavenly Father knows what He is doing. We are protected and He has his angles round about us to keep us safe.

I hope you all can take some time to think of the ways Heavenly Father has blessed you this week! 

Love you all,

xoxo

Sister Hoer

Re pin Canon City, CO, YO!

These are my 2 mission "kids". Elder Liptrott from England and Sis Elama from Samoa

All of us on the Royal Gorge bridge with Pres. and Sis Rehm

HOME MEANS NEVAD!!!
Last P-day at the Royal Gorge Bridge~highest suspension bridge in the WORLD!... Dad would've loved it!

Look at this bridge, it is so scary high!

Us with Pres. and Sis Rehm


No comments:

Post a Comment