Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wolves are very majestic creatures.

Wolves are very majestic creatures. They are quiet graceful but so powerful at the same time. Guess what y'all? I pet a real live wolf this week! In fact, I gave the wolf a hug. There is a lady in our ward who is full blooded Native American. She actually came from a reservation somewhere up in Canada. She might be one of the coolest people ever! Her name is Firedancer. We were over there chatting on her back porch with her when out of no where she says...."I've got a wolf in my side yard. Wanna see it?". I was actually really nervous at first! But, then her grandson brought the wolf out to us and I fell in love. Now I want a pet wolf! It was a white wolf and it had some indian name...I can't remember right now....but it was awesome! And Sister Firedancer is awesome. She's actually knitting me a blanket right now! There is never a dull moment here in Canon City!

We met a wonderful lady this week who we will begin teaching soon! We really clicked when we met. She is an older lady and very faithful in her Baptist church. But, she loves to listen and talk about Christ. It was fun to meet her because I felt like I've known her for a long time. We shared a lot of personal stories with each other and near the end of our visit, she said..."I want you young whippersnappers to call me Granny M!" I love and adore her so much already. My companion is getting transferred so she took us to get shakes at Sonic for a goodbye (even though she'd only known us for 1 day!). She has a hang up with Joseph Smith, but as we teach by the spirit, the Holy Ghost will testify to her and she will know that it is true.

My mind is super scattered and racing a million miles a minute because transfers are just crazy! I am getting my new companion tomorrow and she is fresh from the MTC. This is going to be a fun adventure with her. Keep her in your prayers because I remember the tough transition to the mission field. She could use all the strength and support she can get! 

The church is still true and the work is still moving forward. Hope y'all had a fantastic week!

xoxo

Sister Hoer

A member of our ward has a pet Wolf!

My district went bowling.

Majestic Wolf.

A wonderful family in our ward that takes great care of the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment