Saturday, September 6, 2014

The highlight of this week was definitely Friday when we got to go to the temple!

Time sure does fly when you're having fun! This week was so crazy busy, but so fantastic. We had a meeting with the zone about the basics and how we can help our investigators. Our mission president focused on how we need to teach the Godhead simply. Because if these people can understand what we know about the Godhead, they will feel God's love and have a greater desire to follow His Son. I am excited to start using this method with those we are teaching!

The highlight of this week was definitely Friday when we got to go to the temple! We have been working with a recent convert who was baptized right before I got to this area. She is so awesome and so solid in her testimony. After they are baptized, we try and get them to the temple as soon as possible to do baptisms for the dead! So we got permission to accompany our recent convert to the temple on Friday. It was such a glorious day.

I haven't been to the temple for a very long time and I absolutely loved going back. There is such a special spirit in the temple and on the temple grounds. I was amazed at how strong the spirit was as we did the baptisms and confirmations. I could feel the excitement of the people in the spirit world as they watched their work being done! The work of salvation is clearly hastening here on Earth, but it's also hastening on the other side. I can't wait to get to heaven and meet some of these people. Our recent convert had a wonderful experience as well. It was neat to see how touched she was by the spirit as well. We had a long drive home after the temple and we were able to talk a lot about the experience we all just shared. It was so awesome to hear how this really strengthened her testimony. And, she is so excited to go back and do more! She is anxious to bring a male next time so she can do the work for her father. That is going to be a special experience.

We are so blessed to have temples. My testimony of the temple sure did grow stronger this week. It is such a holy place and so many sacred things happen there. When I get home, I am going to the temple as much as I possibly can. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I wasn't allowed to go whenever I wanted! But we are blessed to have temples close by and to have access to them. So everyone! Go to the temple! There is nothing you can lose from spending a nice day at the temple.

I am loving the things I am learning here on my mission. My personal study hour has become very sacred to me. It's amazing what the spirit can teach you when you ask for his help to learn and open your mind to further understanding. Heavenly Father has so much knowledge and He is so willing to share with us! We just need to do our part and study, ponder, and pray to know.

I love you all and hope you had a fantastic week!

xoxo

Sister Hoer

Denver Temple~ With a recent convert

Doing service for Grandma "M"

pedicures last p-day

A car rammed into our car that was parked causing a 3 car pile up! Crazy!

My Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment