Thursday, April 16, 2015

I have a new companion, Sister Hall. She is a peach! Literally. A Georgia Peach. Haha!

Transfers are always a crazy, crazy, crazy, loco week. Especially this transfer because we moved into a new house the day after transfers! It's amazing what random junk missionaries will leave behind. And, we got the pleasure of cleaning out all that random stuff from missionaries over the past year! But it feels so good to be in our new home and the family we live with is wonderful! It really feels like home there. It's a wonderful place for us to live and we're so much closer to all the people that we work with now! (to live in the ward we serve) It's wonderful.

So with such a crazy week, it feels like I hardly had time to breathe. I have a new companion, Sister Hall. She is a peach! Literally. A Georgia Peach. Hahahah! We've had some good times already. I think we'll see some wonderful things happen this transfer! 

I just want to share a short thought on something I read in the Ensign this week. It clarified the difference between sin and weakness. Having weaknesses is something that God has given us to be humble. And because of His grace, we can turn those weaknesses into strengths! Sin is the willful disobedience to God's will. Just because we have a weakness doesn't necessarily mean it's a sin. For example, it's not a sin to be timid. That's something a lot of missionaries struggle with and they beat themselves up for it! But they just need to humble themselves and rely on God to turn that weakness into a strength. We ALL have weaknesses. Hate to break it to ya, but every single one of us have things that we fall short of. But be grateful for those weaknesses because that allows you the opportunity to call upon Christ to become stronger. *2 Corinthians 12:9* Reading this article made me realize that on my mission, I've probably beat myself up about my weaknesses and convinced myself that they are sins! But that is Satan. He is so deceiving. It's so comforting to see how the spirit can bring peace to our souls and especially to help us feel Heavenly Father's love. As I studied the topic of sin vs. weakness, I felt over and over again the overwhelming love that Heavenly Father has for me. And now I can go share that love with everyone in the Pinery. 

I love you all and hope you're having a fantastic week! 

xoxo

Sister Hoer


Sis. Fuchs and I are learning how to play the ukelele!

Having fun on p-day.

We have a band called the Parker Phat Cats!

We live right by this lake. Could life get any better than this!?!  Colorado is gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment