Tuesday, October 21, 2014

l.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n.

l.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n. The good news my friends is that life goes on! This week, we had so many appointments cancel on u, 2 of which were our new investigators! But, life goes on. And, life is so wonderful! If we look for the bright side of the situation, it will always be there. We had such a fantastic week! We really put forth our best efforts and worked hard this week.

We are teaching a lady named J. I absolutely love J with all my heart. The elders in our area found her, but she is a single lady, so we are helping out. We had a lesson with her this past week and it was one of the most powerful lessons I've ever had on my mission! When we first met, I immediately loved J. I looked at her as my sister...not an investigator. We proceeded to teach the plan of salvation. She was very interested in it all. When we taught the spirit world, she was deeply touched. She started to cry and explained how much peace she felt knowing that all those people in this world who live in far away lands will still have the same opportunity to accept Jesus Christ's atonement and follow His example. The spirit was so strong as we testified of God's love to her. And once again, when we taught about the 3 degrees of glory, she said she felt a lot of peace knowing that there is a place for everyone. It's not just heaven or hell. The plan of salvation is probably my favorite lesson to teach for this very reason! It's such a happy plan. And there's no way you can deny that God loves EVERY SINGLE ONE of his children when we talk about the plan of salvation. J mentioned that this was the first time she ever heard of this or even thought of life and the plan in this way. She is awesome. As we were teaching, the spirit was also speaking to me. I think I learned just as much as J that night! And it was amazing, I really felt the spirit take over. It was one of the  most powerful feelings ever and I can't even explain it. But all I know is that it wasn't me teaching J! It was the spirit. The spirit is the best teacher we can have. I am really excited to continue teaching J and see how things go with her! She committed to baptism and also to pray and read the Book of Mormon. I am just blessed to be able to have met her and shared these tender experiences with her. 

Sis Elama and I have been really determined to find more people to teach! And boy, is that an adventure. You find the most interesting people! But that's what makes life so exciting. You never know what you'll run into! We've talked to some very interesting people. Some are very religious, and some are absolutely not religious at all. And some are on drugs. We get a wide variety of people. 

Man, I just love being a missionary though. There is nothing else I'd rather be doing right now! Of course, some days are hard and some people break our hearts. But, as I said, life goes on. Heavenly Father has a plan for every single one of us. And if we depend on Him to follow His will, not only will life go on, but it will go on and, we will be happy.

I love you all and hope you are sharing the gospel at home ;)
xoxo

Sister Hoer


Yeah!!!  FALL IS HERE!

Free pie at the Village Inn!

We both got HAIRCUTS!

Last p-day my district went to Goodwill and bought each other outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment