Thursday, June 4, 2015

Miracles happen!

Miracles happen! Everyday! Our ward started a 40-day fast for missionary work and it's amazing how immediate the blessings have been. We are on day 12 of our fast and so many great things have happened! In the past 2 weeks, we've gotten two really great referrals and we will be teaching both of them in the member's home this week! Those are like the best desserts for missionaries. Nothing makes us happier when a member finds an investigator and sets up an appointment for you! And not only that, but fellowship is key to helping them progress. So, we're really excited about that! It's also neat how there is just a different feeling in our area. As we walk the streets and go out and about...I don't even know how to explain it....it's almost like the spirit is in the air around all these houses. We've found a good handful of potential investigators and wonderful people who want to learn more!  And the members have been so excited about it. It's cute to see how our ward really came together in unity to do this. Sometimes in the past, it's been more difficult to work with the members. But they are AWESOME!! They have really caught the spirit of missionary work and fasting. I love the verse in Alma 6:6...this reminds me of our 40 day fast. The Lord commanded these people to come together in fasting and mighty prayer for the welfare of the souls who knew not God...I know I didn't quote that right but the idea is that this has been going on for years! If we put forth some effort and sacrifice...such as fasting...the Lord recognizes that. I am a strong believer that the Lord recognizes every sacrifice we make, whether great or small, and He will bless us. Because if we are sacrificing, it shows our humility...it shows our submitting to His will. And the Lord is anxious to bless us as we do so.

Another miracle...so A had her baby a few weeks ago, right? Well I was asking my companion how long until she's back to normal health again and she decided at least a month! I was bummed because I wanna teach her now! haha! (I guess I still need to work on patience) she's had a couple of rough weeks and her baby went back to the hospital so we were thinking it would actually be a few months until we saw her again. But miraculously, she asked for a priesthood blessing, then a week later we went by to bring her flowers. And you could hardly tell she just had a baby! She was off to another baby shower and feeling much better! She even said "I'll be at church on Sunday! Wanna have a lesson that night!?" It was so cute. And It made my day! So we had an awesome lesson with A last night. And she even brought her non-member mother along for the lesson. I can't even express how grateful I am for our loving Heavenly Father who blesses us so abundantly.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so blessed...why I get so many blessings!?! And the simple answer is because the Lord loves me. And He loves every single one of you just as much! I've noticed on my mission just how anxious and willing the Lord is to bless us if we just put forth some of our own efforts. Sometimes it's just a prayer… sometimes it's studying... sometimes it's taking action… and sometimes it's a 40 day fast. My testimony of prayer and fasting has really grown in the past 12 days. It's amazing. I wish you could all just be here and see the daily miracles that I see! But you can see them too! Just open your spiritual eyes. 

I love you all and hope you're not melting in Vegas!

xoxo

Sister Hoer


Sis. Elama made her 1/2 way mark so we celebrated with ice cream!

We do service every week at a horse ranch. Horses are my favorite!

Well... I'm not the best with all animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment