Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I am being transferred!

What a week! I am leaving this area and being transferred down to Colorado Springs tomorrow! I am really excited. It's going to be an awesome experience. It will be very different than things here in Parker, but I am ready for change! So we kind of knew this would be my last week here in Canterbury, so I decided to make it the best! And boy, it was a good week.
I probably only have time for the highlights but everyday was so awesome. 

We did a lot of service this week for a couple non members and some members in the ward who needed help. One lady we did service for is not a member but she is friends with a sister in our ward. After we did service with her and shared a message, we heard that she had been posting on facebook about Heavenly Father which she hasn't done before. That was really cool to hear. It's nice to know that our message sunk in and she took something away from it.

We also had a lesson with the S family! They are the family with an unbaptized child who we've been trying to teach for almost 3 months now! They had us over for dinner and then we taught the first lesson. They have never even let us in the home and I've only seen the mother once before. But they were all there and they were welcoming and so excited to have us there. We taught the little boy and he was so receptive and excited to have the lesson. We asked at the end how he felt and he said he felt very warm. He smiled literally through the whole lesson. He's so excited to be baptized! And the whole family came to church yesterday. That hasn't happened in the 6 months that I've been here! And probably longer than that! It was great to see them there. We set a date for his baptism and unfortunately I won't be there since I'm being transferred. But, I can hopefully get permission to come back for the baptism!

We also had a lesson with M this week! It had been a long time since we have seen her. She has been very busy and out of town a lot, but she had still been reading and praying! We recapped what we talked about last time and then taught her all about receiving revelation and how to recognize answers to prayers. I could tell she really needed to hear that because she has been really trying to find her answer to her prayers about baptism. It was so great to see her and teach her one last time before I left! I feel so much love for these people that we teach. I  can feel Christ's love for them as we sit there and I try my hardest to let them feel of the same love I feel. It's amazing how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us all.  I have gotten a glimpse of that as I teach His children.

We had a few lessons with some less active members who we've been working with as well. Recently they have vocalized how much our visits help even if they do not outwardly show it. They still have their struggles and we help in all the ways we can, but I can tell that the spirit they feel when we meet with them is the biggest help. After all, we don't do anything. It's the spirit that teaches and converts the people.

It's been funny this week because there are a million RM's running around parker trying to sell pest control. Almost every street we go down, there's a pest control guy! They always run up to us all excited because they were missionaries once too. It's fun because we ask them where the nice people live then we go try and teach them the gospel. One guy this week got really really excited to see us. Then his mother in law called and he answered and goes "Anne! Guess what!!! I just ran into the sisters! So cool!!" it's hilarious.

So much more has happened this week, but I am just happy to be doing the Lord's will. No matter where I go, there will be people who are prepared to hear the gospel and if I am obedient, I will be led to them. It's not that easy on the mission, but it's so worth it. I was reading in Alma 24 this morning about how the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's buried their weapons of war as a representation of their testimony. It got me thinking about my life and I asked myself the question: What would I bury to show my testimony and love for Christ? Many things came to mind of what I have already buried, and then my  mind was flooded with things I have yet to bury to show my testimony and dedicate myself to the Lord. There is always room for improvement and things to learn. I love the person the Lord is showing me that I can become. And, by burying these things, I can get one step closer to becoming that person.

I'm excited for my new adventure in Colorado Springs and the things ahead! I love you all and I love the Lord.

xoxo

Sister Hoer


Celebrating sister missionary training leaders's Bday

Cutest lemonade stand ever!

Sis. Moss & I enjoying our lemonade

Making cakes for the high priest group social

Saying goodbye to YW that taught many lessons with us.

Goodbyes to ward mission leader & his family~He made us milkshakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment