Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! One problem.....IT'S MAY.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! One problem.....IT'S MAY. We got a massive dumping of snow last night! I'm sorry I always talk about the weather...I'm just really not used to this.

In other news, it's a new transfer! I am staying in the same area but I have a new companion, Sister Koval. I can tell it's gonna be a great transfer. She's a hard worker. There is a lot of potential in our area right now, so I'm super excited to get going and start seeing some progress here! It is a little weird without Sister Merritt, but I'll adjust pretty quick. Something I have grown to love on my mission is change. Before, I HATED change. It made me nervous and stressed and I tried to avoid changes as much as possible. But I have learned the importance of change and how great it can be. Changes give us the opportunity to grow and change ourselves. People sometimes say "you're great..don't ever change!" But really....I think we should all change. Even if we are great, there is always room for improvement and always things we can change to become closer to Christ. As I have deepened my testimony of the atonement, change has become real and a real exciting thing for me. So with the change of a new companion and a new transfer, I am so excited to change and work harder than last transfer and change into a better missionary!

So my last couple days with Sister Merritt were great. We went down to the Springs (Colorado Springs) on Tuesday for her interview and I got to take the brand new missionaries tracting! That was fun...it was a little funny for me because the new missionary I went tracting with was asking me questions and I told her that just 3 months ago I was in her shoes. She was a little surprised at that! It made me really happy to see that I have really come a long way even though I still have a very long way to go. But compared to the first day when I was the new missionary going tracting in the springs, I've learned a lot. Unfortunately not a lot of people were home, but the people we did talk to were very receptive. Much more receptive than the people up here in Parker! We talked to one man who was totally looking for truth. We gave him a Book of Mormon and asked if the missionaries could come back and teach him more. He was very excited about that.

So after tracting, me and sister Merritt had permission to do as we wished "within reason". So we went to the zoo! That was awesome. We got to feed the giraffes and make fun noises at the other animals. Then we went out to dinner and shopped around at a couple stores. Then we went to Sister Merritt's first area and visited the members in her old ward! it was fun to meet them and see how excited they were to see her again. We spent that night down in the springs at the sister's apartment. That was fun! It was a blast to be with the other missionaries. Then the next day was transfer meeting! I had a good time seeing all the other missionaries and getting to know a lot of them for the first time. I got to say goodbye to some of the missionaries who left our district. Our district was really close last transfer, so it was sad to see them go. But I'm excited for our new district too! We all went to lunch after and then we headed back up to Parker! 

We also moved again....this was the 4th time in the past month. Crazy! But now we are here to stay. I absolutely love the family we live with now. Their daughter doesn't have any sisters of her own, so she was SO excited when we came. About a month ago, we had dinner at their house and she was begging us to move in with her. That worked out nicely! We came and ate with them our first night there and when we sat down by the little girl, she squeals and says "Oh! I'm surrounded by love!!!" She's so happy to have us there, I love it. It's also nice because we are in a different area of our ward so we will be closer to some of the people we want to see more often. It's gonna be great.

So that's about it for this week. We've been doing a lot of organizing and planning for what we want to accomplish this transfer. And of course mother's day was the best! I had such a great time talking to my family. I love them all so so so very much. I think I have the best family in the whole world. But yeah, it was a good week, and great things are coming in the future, I can feel it!

Love you all!
xoxo

Sister Hoer

I was a little afraid of the Giraffes!

Hanging out with Da Bears...

"What the $now?" It's May!

My new companion~Sister Koval and her fun umbrellas

Saying good-bye to Sister Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment