Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter ya'll!

Happy Easter ya'll! I absolutely love easter. This year as a missionary, I was really able to focus on Christ and share His message with everyone else! 

On Saturday, a family in the ward invited us over for their easter egg hunt. Me and my companion put on some bunny ears and brought eggs for all the little kids. The kids were going crazy! They had a little too much candy. But it was fun to be at their little family get together and be a part of their family for the day. Then we kept our bunny ears on and brought treats to some other little kids in the ward! We would give them treats and then share a message about the Resurrection and Easter. There is a video called Because of Him on lds.org.....YOU MUST WATCH IT! It is so so so good. Without a doubt, every time I watch it, I just feel an overwhelming love for the Savior and all that He did for me. Because of the Savior, I do not need to have any fears. He has overcome the world! Because of Him I can have a clean slate. Because of Him I will not have to suffer death. There are so many blessings that come because of Him! Easter is such a wonderful time of year to focus on the Savior, His Atonement, and the Resurrection.

Easter Sunday, a family in the ward had us over for dinner and made us a traditional Easter meal with foods from the bible times. Thank goodness they had hummus and pita chips because I had no idea what all the other food was. The first thing I tried scared me so I didn't try anything that looked unfamiliar. I tried these things that were like mashed cous cous with all these spices wrapped in grape leaves and soaked in vinegar. It was the strangest thing I've had to eat so far. But it was cool to see all the foods they ate and to hear the symbolism with it all.

The rest of the week was wonderful as well. We did service almost everyday this week! One day, we spent all day with a non member cleaning her house so she can put it on the market to sell. Her house was not in good shape so it's gonna take a lot of work. We are going back this week to help! But she picked us up and it was about an hour drive so we had plenty of time to talk to her! We pretty much taught her the first lesson the way there and on the way home, she asked us to share our testimonies of Christ with her. It was such a neat experience. She called the Elders that day and told them how neat it was to talk with us and share our testimonies. Service is such a great way to do missionary work. I felt so much love for this lady and I only want the best for her! Doing service for others reminds me why I'm here on a mission...I am here serving the Lord because I love Him! And as I serve Him, I have grown to know Him and love Him even more.

We weren't able to meet with our potential investigator, but we did see her outside! She had family in town again and said she will call us as soon as they are gone. But we did get a handful of referrals this week! A boy in the ward just returned home from his mission and he had like 7 nonmembers at his little open house thing. We were able to talk to all of them and explain our church and why we are here on a mission! I loved talking with them. The work is moving forward!

I hope you all had a great Easter.

xoxo

Sister Hoer

Easter Egg Hunt

Easter Bunny makes an appearance

Sister Hoer and Sister Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment